Please follow the dosage instructions provided by your vet.
- Do not use in animals with known hypersensitivity to penicillin or other substances of the beta-lactam group.
- Do not use in rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, horses or ruminating animals.
- Do not use in animals with serious dysfunction of the kidneys accompanied by anuria or oliguria.
- Do not use where resistance to this combination is known to occur.
- Inappropriate use of the product may increase the prevalence of bacteria resistant to amoxicillin/clavulanic acid.
- In animals with hepatic and renal failure, the dosing regimen should be carefully evaluated.
- Use of the product should be based on susceptibility testing and take into account official and local antimicrobial policies.
- Narrow spectrum antibacterial therapy should be used for first line treatment where susceptibility testing suggests likely efficacy of this approach.
- Caution is advised in the use in small herbivores other than those mentioned above.
- Dogs and cats diagnosed with Pseudomonas infections should not be treated with this antibiotic combination.
- The product is of a low order of toxicity and is well tolerated by the oral route.
- In dogs no adverse effects have been reported after the daily administration of 3 times the recommended dose of 12.5mg of the combined actives administered twice daily for 8 days, and after the daily administration of the recommended dose for 21 days.
- In cats no adverse effects have been reported after the twice daily administration of 3 times the recommended dose of 12.5mg of the combined actives administered for 15 days.
- Hypersensitivity reactions unrelated to dose can occur with these agents.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (diarrhoea, vomiting) may occur after administration of the product.
- Allergic reactions (e.g. skin reactions, anaphylaxis) may occasionally occur.
- In case of occurrence of allergic reaction, the treatment should be withdrawn.
- Chloramphenicol, macrolides, sulfonamides and tetracyclines may inhibit the antibacterial effect of penicillins because of the rapid onset of bacteriostatic action.
- The potential for allergic cross-reactivity with other penicillins should be considered.
- Penicillins may increase the effect of aminoglycosides.
For more information, please use the following link: http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-446648