- Benzimidazoles possess wide safety margin. Pyrantel is not absorbed systematically to any extent. Praziquantel also has a wide safety margin, of up to five times the recommended dose.
- Mild and transient digestive tract disorders such as hypersalivation and/or vomiting and mild and transient neurological disorders such as ataxia may occur in extremely rare cases.
- Do not use in cases of known hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients
- Do not exceed the stated dosage when treating pregnant bitches
- Not for use in dogs younger than 2 weeks of age and/or weighing less than 2 kg.
Anthelmin Plus XL is not recommended for use in dogs under 17.5 kg bodyweight.
Veterinary medicinal product is well tolerated in dogs. In safety studies of up to five times the recommended dose gave rise to occasional vomiting.
Do not combine with piperazine as the anthelmintic effects of pyrantel and piperazine (used in many worming products for dogs) may be antagonized.Concurrent use with other cholinergic compounds can lead to toxicity.
In very rare cases transient loose faeces, diarrhoea and/or vomiting may occur.
Anthelmin Plus Flavour – For treatment of dogs administer 1 tablet per 10kg bodyweight (15 mg/kg bodyweight febantel, 14.4 mg/kg pyrantel and 5 mg/kg praziquantel). This is equivalent to 1 tablet per 10 kg bodyweight. Tablets may be halved/quartered to allow accuracy of dosing.
Anthelmin Plus XL 1 tablet per 35 kg bodyweight. Tablets may be halved to allow accuracy of dosing
The tablet(s) can be given directly to the dog or disguised in food. No restriction of access to food is required either before or after administration of the product. To ensure administration of a correct dose, body weight should be determined as accurately as possible. Puppies may be wormed with this product from 2 weeks of age and every 2 weeks until 12 weeks of age. Thereafter they should be treated at 3 monthly intervals until 6 months of age.
For the control of Toxocara, nursing bitches should be dosed 2 weeks after giving birth and every 2 weeks until weaning. For adult dogs, a single dose should be used. The advice of a veterinarian should be sought regarding the need for and frequency of repeat treatment. In the event of a heavy roundworm infestation, a repeat dose should be given after 14 days.
Use during pregnancy and lactation:
Anthelmin Plus Flavour and Anthelmin Plus XL - Consult a veterinary surgeon before treating pregnant animals for roundworms.
Do not use the product in the first two thirds of pregnancy. The product may be used during lactation.
Price per single tablet.