Baytril Flavour Tablets contain Enrofloxacin and are used for:
- Baytril Flavour Tablets should not be used for prophylaxis.
- Not for use in dogs less than 1 year of age or in exceptionally large breeds of dog with a longer growth period under 18 months of age, as articular cartilage may be affected during the period of rapid growth.
- Not recommended for use in cats less than 8 weeks of age.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose. In accidental overdose, vomiting, diarrhoea, and CNS/behavioural changes may occur. There is no antidote and treatment should be symptomatic.
- Cats: Retinotoxic effects including blindness can occur when the recommended dose is exceeded.
- In target animal studies, cats have been shown to suffer ocular damage after receiving doses of more than 15 mg/kg once daily for 21 consecutive days. Doses of 30 mg/kg given once daily for 21 consecutive days have been shown to cause irreversible ocular damage. At 50 mg/kg given once daily for 21 consecutive days, blindness can occur.
- Dogs: In dogs enrofloxacin may affect articular cartilage during the period of rapid growth.
For more information, please use the following link: https://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-446391