Caniphedrin Tablets for Dogs 50mg contain Ephedrine Hydrochloride and are used for the treatment of urinary incontinence caused by urethral sphincter mechanism incompetence in ovariohysterectomised female dogs.
- Do not use in dogs with cardiovascular disease (i.e. cardiomyopathy, tachycardic arrhythmia, hypertension), hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus, impaired renal function or glaucoma.
- Do not use concurrently with halogenated narcotics such as halothane or methoxyflurane (see section 4.8).
- Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- It is not appropriate to use the product for the behavioural cause of inappropriate urination.
- In bitches less than 1 year old the possibility of anatomical disorders contributing to incontinence should be considered prior to treatment.
- It is important to identify any underlying disease causing Polyuria/Polydipsia (PU/PD) which may be falsely diagnosed as urinary incontinence.
Please follow dosage instructions provided by your vet.