Equipalazone Sachets contain Phenylbutazone (Bute) and are used for the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders in horses and ponies where the anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of phenylbutazone can offer relief. Examples of conditions normally considered suitable for treatment with phenylbutazone include lameness associated with osteoarthritic conditions, acute and chronic laminitis, bursitis and carpitis, and in the reduction of post-surgical soft tissue reaction.
Not to be used in horses intended for human consumption. Treated horses may never be slaughtered for human consumption. The horse must have been declared as not intended for human consumption under national horse passport legislation.
Please ensure that you comply with the withdrawal period stated in the medicine's Summary of Product Characteristic, which can be found on the VMD's website: https://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/productinformationdatabase/Default.aspx
Please follow the dosage instructions provided by your vet.
- The therapeutic index of phenylbutazone is low. Do not exceed the stated dose or the duration of treatment.
- Do not administer with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) concurrently or within 24 hours of each other.
- Do not use in animals suffering from cardiac, hepatic or renal disease; where there is the possibility of gastrointestinal ulceration or bleeding; or where there is evidence of a blood dyscrasia.
- Do not use in cases of known hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- Use during pregnancy should be avoided whenever possible, particularly during the first trimester.
For more information, please use the following link: http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-449676