Equipred Tablets for Horses contain 50mg prednisolone and are used for the alleviation of inflammatory and clinical parameters associated with recurrent airway obstruction (RAO – severe asthma) in horses, in combination with environmental control.
- Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substance, to corticosteroids or to any of the excipients.
- Do not use in viral infections during the viraemic stage or in cases of mycotic infections.
- Do not use in animals suffering from gastrointestinal ulcers.
- Do not use in animals suffering from corneal ulcers.
- Do not use during pregnancy
Amounts to be administered and administration route:
- For oral use.
- The product should be mixed in small amount of feed.
- To ensure administration of the correct dose, body weight should be determined as accurately as possible to avoid under- or overdosing. Tablets may be divided along score lines to facilitate accurate dosing.
- Meat and offal: 10 days.
- Not authorised for use in mares producing milk for human consumption.