Milprazon Tablets for Cats contains Milbemycin Oxime and Praziquantel.
Milprazon chewable tablets for small cats and kittens weighing at least 0.5kg.
Milprazon chewable tablets for cats weighing at least 2kg.
Milprazon tablets are used for the treatment of mixed infections by immature and adult cestodes and nematodes of the following species:
- Cestodes: Dipylidium caninum, Taenia spp., Echinoccus multicularis.
- Nematodes: Anclystoma tubaeforme, Toxocara cati.
- Prevention of heartworm disease (Dirofilaria immitis) if the concomitant treatments against cestodes is indicated.
- Milprazon chewable 4 mg/10 mg film-coated tablets for small cats and kittens weighing at least 0.5 kg. Do not use in cats of less than 6 weeks of age and/or weighing less than 0.5 kg.
- Milprazon chewable 16 mg/40mg film-coated tablets for cats weighing at least 2 kg. Do not use in cats weighing less than 2kg.
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
- FOR ORAL USE
- Animals should be weighed to ensure accurate dosing. Minimum recommended dose rate: 2 mg of milbemycin oxime and 5 mg of praziquantel per kg are given orally as a single dose.
- The product should be administered with or after food. Doing so ensures optimum protection against heartworm disease.
- The product can be inserted into a programme for prevention of heartworm disease if at the same time treatment against tapeworms is indicated.
- The product has a duration of heartworm prevention of one month. For regular prevention of heartworm disease, use of a mono-substance is preferred.