Prednicare Tablets contain Prednisolone and are used as an anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic agent for use in dogs and cats.
- Systemic corticosteroid therapy is generally contra-indicated in patients with renal disease or diabetes mellitus.
- Administration is contra-indicated where corneal ulceration is present.
- The use of corticosteroids may render vaccinations inoperative.
Special precautions for use in animals:
Caution is necessary when prescribing corticosteroids in animals with the following conditions: epilepsy; glaucoma; hypertension; osteoporosis; peptic ulceration; previous steroid myopathy.
Special precautions for the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals:
- Impermeable gloves should be worn whilst administering the product.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling this product.
- In case of accidental ingestion, drink plenty of water and seek medical advice.
Administration in late pregnancy may cause early parturition and abortion.