Profender Spot On for Large Cats >5kg-8kg contains Emodepside and Praziquantel, and is used in cats suffering from, or at risk from, mixed parasitic infections caused by roundworms, tapeworms and lungworms.
- Profender can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
- Do not use in kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 0.5 kg.
- Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
- Apply only to the skin surface and on intact skin. Do not administer orally or parenterally.
- Avoid the treated cat or other cats in the household licking the site of application while it is wet.
- Salivation and vomiting may occur in very rare cases. Mild and transient neurological disorders such as ataxia or tremor may occur in very rare cases. These effects are thought to occur as a result of the cat licking the application site immediately after treatment. In very rare cases following administration of Profender transient alopecia, pruritus and/or inflammation were observed at the application site.
- Shampooing or immersion of the animal in water directly after treatment may reduce the efficacy of the product. Treated animals therefore should not be bathed until the solution has dried.
- There is limited experience on the use of the product in sick and debilitated animals, thus the product should only be used based on a benefit-risk assessment for these animals.
- Parasite resistance to any particular class of anthelmintic may develop following frequent, repeated use of an anthelmintic of that class.
- The solvent in this product may stain certain materials including leather, fabrics, plastics and finished surfaces. Allow the application site to dry before permitting contact with such materials.
- For external use only.
- Remove one pipette from package. Hold pipette in upright position, twist and pull off cap and use the opposite end of the cap to break the seal.
- Part the fur on the cat’s neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty the contents directly onto the skin. Application on the base of the skull will minimise the ability of the cat to lick the product off.
For more information, please use the following link: https://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-446686
Pipettes sold individually.