Recommended in cases of:
- Struvite uroliths: dissolution and management of recurrence
- Calcium oxalate uroliths: management of recurrence
- Bacterial cystitis: management of secondary struvite crystalluria (in association with adequate antibiotherapy)
Not recommended in cases of:
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Heart disease (when sodium restriction is sought)
- Concurrent use of urine-acidifying medication
- Growth, gestation/lactation
It is recommended that a veterinarian's opinion be sought before use. Feed Urinary S/O for 5 to 12 weeks for the dissolution of struvite stones and up to 6 months for the reduction of struvite stone recurrence. The dog should be re-evaluated regularly by the veterinarian to assess the relevance of a lifelong recommendation. Water should be available at all times.
Struvite dissolution: Helps dissolve all types of struvite stones.
Urine dilution: Urine dilution makes the urine less liable to form struvite and calcium oxalate stones.
Low RSS: Helps lower the concentration of ions contributing to crystal formation.
For feeding guide information, please visit: https://www.royalcanin.com/uk/shop/urinary-so-loaf-4021